Last updated on November 29th, 2019 at 08:48 pm
Ketu in Vedic Astrology symbolizes enlightenment, intuition, past life, transformation, sexual energy, flag, transformation, and falling stars. Ketu is South Node of the Moon and also a shadow, just like Rahu. It is called the Dragon’s Tail in Vedic Astrology. It is a headless planet and relates mostly to the unconscious mind and mysteries of life.
Ketu is eccentric in nature – different from general society. When Ketu is connected to the ascendant lord in the birth chart, it creates an eccentric personality.
Ketu in Astrology governs spiritual pursuits and enlightenment. When a person is highly spiritual and encourages others to become spiritual it indicates a strong Ketu in their birth chart.
Ketu also helps us lose excessive interest in the material world, which is an important stepping stone for becoming enlightened. The idea behind that is to become less selfish and release unhealthy ego. As a result, we become more humble.
We have witnessed many times when celebrities suddenly donate hundreds of millions to charity – this effect is all thanks to Ketu and spirituality.
Just like Rahu, Ketu also doesn’t have any lordship over zodiac signs. Ketu behaves and gives effects of the lord of the sign it is placed in. Additionally, it also attaches to the planet it is conjunct with and takes over its characteristics.
Ketu is similar to Mars in nature as it is extremely intuitive and aggressive. It also rules all the fiery Nakshatras, one of them is at the beginning of the Mars-ruled Aries sign. Ketu also likes to act and decide based on its intuition and unconscious, just like Mars.
Ketu is like a flag over a kingdom. When a person is born during the period of Ketu (also means that their Moon is in a Nakshatra ruled by Ketu) it signifies sacrifice for their Kingdom or Society in the past. They might have been a spiritual warrior and tried to protect what was righteous. In one or another way they were connected to royalty in past lives.
Additional significations related to Ketu in Astrology
Signifies – swords, sharp objects, dogs, mysticism, psychics, transformation, kundalini, electricity, and fractals.
Negatively signifies corruption, accidents, epidemic outburst, fever, and intrigues.
Body Parts – Nails.
Relations – Maternal grandfather.
Details of Ketu
|Duration in a Sign||18 months|
|Duration of Mahadasha||18 years|
|Age of Maturation||48th|
The mentioned effects manifest in specific periods and the intensity of them depends on planetary strength level and many other factors.
- Take a look what ancient Sages wrote about your chart;
- Specific periods when the results of planets manifest fully - with personal interpretations;
- Dignities of planets with five-fold table - see if bad dignity is cancelled;
- Cancellation of debilitation calculation;
- Detailed analysis of planetary main and subperiods many years ahead;
- Solar Return Analysis - Monthly analysis of 2 years ahead;
- Panchang & Sun-Moon Yoga calculation;
- Nakshatra interpretation;
- All the Divisional charts - Discover Planetary Effects in Different Life Areas;
- Mathematical Planetary Strengths - Determine how prominent the mentioned results will be;
- Classical "Lords in Houses" Analysis;
- Many General Detailed Predictions by Classics;
- Gems effects and instructions;
- And much more in a 177+ page report (from 0.15 usd/page).