Last updated on November 29th, 2019 at 09:03 pm
Mercury in Vedic Astrology represents our intellect and how we communicate in general – that is why it is universally symbolizing the messenger. It is called Buddha in Vedic Astrology and relates to the intellect of mankind. The considered planet also represents our conscious mind. The combination of Sun (Atma-soul), Moon (Manas-mind), and Mercury (Buddhi-intellect) creates Ahankar, which stands for the ego of an individual.
Mercury represents our ability to process information using our consciousness. The planet also describes the way you interact or communicate in the world. It relates to the 2nd house of speech – the placement and condition of Mercury give information about your style and tone of your speech. It also signifies how you will be using your speech in society – for example, it can give a clue if you will be a writer or rather prefer speaking in front of the public.
Everything connected with writing or publishing is ruled by Mercury. A strong Mercury in your chart can give you excellent writing abilities and help you publish wonderfully written creations. Mercury also gives us poetic talent, especially when connected to Venus in a birth chart.
Mercury is said to be the strongest in the 11th house in astrology. The reason for that is because the 11th house is the house of communities and networks – the planet of communication and intellect Mercury can apply its natural characteristics in the most efficient way in this house. The signification of communication from Mercury naturally connects networks and creates fully functioning societies.
Due to the perfect intellect and swiftness of Mercury, it is universally considered as the messenger. It represents a person with a horse successfully delivering the letters through
Mercury represents the ability to analyze and improve all matters in life – Mercury is the ruler of the zodiac sign Virgo, which represents analyzing personality in Vedic astrology. It helps to make better decisions in life with the help of an excellent ability to analyze viewpoints and aspects of a situation.
Additional significations related to Mercury in Astrology
Significations – Learning, education, commerce, trading, journalism, telephones, communication devices, short travels, skills, logic, memory, diplomacy, libraries, and post offices.
Relatives – Maternal uncle.
Body Parts – tissues of the nervous system, skin, arms, and intestines.
Profession – All professions related to communication, trading, publishing, and post office. In addition to that, banking, accounting, and astrology.
Houses related to the Planet
the 2nd house – signifies speech.
the 4th house – signifies studies.
the 10th house – signifies achievements and honors.
the 11th house – signifies linkage and communication between communities and networks.
Details related to Mercury
|Gains Directional Strength||1st house|
|Duration in a Sign||25 days|
|Duration of Mahadasha||17 years|
|Age of Maturation||32nd|
The mentioned effects manifest in specific periods and the intensity of them depends on planetary strength level and many other factors.
- Take a look what ancient Sages wrote about your chart;
- Specific periods when the results of planets manifest fully - with personal interpretations;
- Dignities of planets with five-fold table - see if bad dignity is cancelled;
- Cancellation of debilitation calculation;
- Detailed analysis of planetary main and subperiods many years ahead;
- Solar Return Analysis - Monthly analysis of 2 years ahead;
- Panchang & Sun-Moon Yoga calculation;
- Nakshatra interpretation;
- All the Divisional charts - Discover Planetary Effects in Different Life Areas;
- Mathematical Planetary Strengths - Determine how prominent the mentioned results will be;
- Classical "Lords in Houses" Analysis;
- Many General Detailed Predictions by Classics;
- Gems effects and instructions;
- And much more in a 177+ page report (from 0.15 usd/page).